Saturday, March 12, 2011

Brownies

So it's another weekend alone in Berlin and I wanted something sweet (Don't know why, it's a new thing for me) and I still needed to impress the new roommates after the botched carrot cake, so I decided to play it safe with brownies.

My ex use to make the best brownies ever, so I asked her for the recipe, but she disappeared, as she so often does. So I had to make up one myself. And it was good...


200g butter.
200g bittersweet chocolate (btw in hebrew its just bitter... interesting...).
1 cup sugar, (200g) 2/3 white, 1/3 brown. (comes out not super sweet, and the brown sugar is important for a richer texture)
1 tbs instant coffee.
1 cup white flour.
5 eggs.
vanilla extract.
pinch of salt.

variations:

I put cinnamon and ground chili.. I usually put chopped white chocolate, but didn't have any.. feel free to do whatever of course.


preheat over to 180c

- Melt the chocolate and butter together, either Bain-Marie, or in short pulses in the microwave.
- Mix in the sugar, coffee vanilla and other spices (if you choose to add cinnamon and chili, not the white chocolate of course )
- Mix in the eggs one at a time, keep stirring, you dont want them to cook
- Mix in the flour, stir as little as possible.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, you're not looking to get a dry toothpick here, it should stay liquid inside.
Cut after it cools down a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment