Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Green beans


Talking to a few of my friends, I got the feeling that my efforts to make baking look easy are not really convincing.
I will still try my best to turn as many of you as I can, but meanwhile, here's something really simple.
This is a great, super easy way to make really great beans in about 5 minutes.


Ingredients:

- 1 pack frozen green beans.
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed.
- Fresh ginger, about the size of two garlic cloves, peeled and crushed (same as the garlic).
- Zest of 1 lemon.
- Handful of chopped peanuts or walnuts.
- 1 Tsp sugar, honey or agave syrup (I prefer the latter, but I know it's not very common, luckily my old roommates were super healthy).
- 2 Tbs soy sauce.
- Basil leaves (not necessary, but really makes it a whole lot better).
- 1 Fresh red chili (or dry), cut to rings.


Preparation:

- Put the beans in a pot full of boiling water.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large pan, add the garlic, ginger, chili and syrup/sugar.
- After about two minutes, before the garlic burns, strain the beans, and add them to the pan.
- add lemon zest, soy and nuts. (add more soy/salt to taste).

Serve with a few shredded basil leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment