Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Vine Leaves

I'm not sure what to say about these, I never used them before, I decided I should try, I put whatever I felt like in them, and it came out really good.


Ingredients:

30 Pickled vine leaves (I bought them pickled, I suggest you do the same, although, considering I am now working in actual grape vines, I may learn how to do it myself)
150g Ricotta.
Half a cup yoghurt.
Seeds from 1 pomegranate.
Handful chopped mint.
2 spring onions, chopped.
5 cloves of garlic.
Sumack (not necessary).
Preparation:

- Soak the vine leaves in hot water for at least 20 minutes (they're super salty otherwise).
- Bake the garlic for about 15 minutes until its soft (200c).
- Mix the yoghurt and cheese with the sumack.
- Mash the baked garlic with a fork.
- After the Leaves have soaked and chilled a bit, spread a bit of the mashed garlic, put a

generous tablespoon of cheese and yoghurt mix in the middle,
Then sprinkle pomegranate seeds, mint and onions, and fold. (Now, I’d love to give good advice on how to fold them, but I wasn't very good at that, I'm sure YouTube can help you there).

1 comment:

  1. after putting the filling, fold the sides and roll forward - the way we at my family do it for centuries.

    ReplyDelete