Friday, March 11, 2011

A note: Fuck ups

Okay, when I started this (yesterday), I wanted it to be somewhat of a business card. I was hoping to get a job as a cook, but since I don't have any real experience, I thought this could help.
Later I discovered the real problem is that nobody will hire someone for just a month, but that's beside the point.
Anyway, what I really wanted to do was a cooking show, with someone who is not a pro; Me, for instance. I always try and challenge myself in the kitchen, trying things I never tried before, or over complicating things on purpose, simply because I want to learn, and because I'm all alone and nobody is going to eat it but me. I thought it would be interesting to see that sometimes things go wrong.
Everybody has had a bad experience in the kitchen, burning something or under-cooking something, but you never see that. One of the things I'm going to show here are things that went wrong, and I will try and fix them. As a rule I make every recipe at least 3 times, deliberately changing things even if it was good, just to double check, and when things go wrong- even better.

So here it goes, next post will be about a carrot cake that just wouldn't bake.
You're welcome to try it, or suggest how to fix it.

Uri.

My sister cleaning up after me:

No comments:

Post a Comment