Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day-off salad

It took us the whole 6 hour drive from Paris to figure out how to pronounce the name of the town we're in.
Mulhouse.

Yesterday was our first day off in the tour, and we spent most of it driving.
Today however, I had time to cook. So I got up and went to the town's market, thinking I don't need a plan or a shopping list, I'd just get inspired (or see what's cheapest), then go back home, look at what I got and think of something to do with it. It didn't work quite as smoothly however, I kinda got confused and in the middle of things, realizing I wasn't getting the best things, and I didn't really have any idea on what i already have and what I want to make out of it.
So I just decided to go back home and hope for the best.

This is what I came up with so far. More to come (as the picture shows I still have stuff I didn't use).


Radish and cucumber salad:


Ingredients:
5 Radishes, very finely sliced to half-rings.
Half a cucumber (if you're in a country with huge cucumbers, 2 if they're small).
1 Small onion, cut into fine half-rings.
1cm Fresh ginger root, chopped.
A few mint leaves, torn.
1/2 tsp sugar.
1/2 tsp hot mustard.
Olive oil.
Juice from half a lime.
Salt.

Mix everything together.


(Next time I'm going to use pineapple instead of sugar, and maybe loose the mustard).

No comments:

Post a Comment