Monday, July 4, 2011

Writer's block

I’m late with this post.
I started writing it a few days ago, and gave up. I wanted to write that I haven’t cooked in a while, and so I’m uninspired, but since then that’s changed. The lack of inspiration though, remained. Sadly I know it too well; I’ve been working on two scripts for the last two years, or at least said so. I have this slight hope that this depression will push me to finally finish at least one of them, I’ve been watching way too many good films, which I usually do to get inspired, however now it just reminds me how far I am from doing that.
Back to food;
It took me a while to decide which recipe to post, as I have three documented ‘cooking sessions’ all worthy of a post. I’ll start with the most complicated one, after a couple quick and easy recipes.
There’s nothing actually complicated about it, but it does have a few stages and requires more than one pot/pan/bowl.

Stuffed Zucchini:

These are somewhat unusual; vegetables tend to be stuffed with rice and cooked. These are stuffed with mashed potatoes and baked. Try it, it’s nice.

Ingredients:
10 zucchini (either round ones or fat ones).
10 potatoes
½ cup grated parmesan.
1 medium sized onion, grated.
3 garlic cloves, crushed.
Dried oregano (or fresh).
Salt and pepper.
Olive oil.

Preparation:

- Cook the zucchini (whole) in boiling water for 5 minutes; they don’t need to be soft.
- Cook the potatoes (unpeeled) in boiling salt water until soft.
- Cut the zucchini in half, carefully scoop out most of the flesh, and chop it very finely.
- Peel the potatoes, mash them while adding the parmesan, zucchini flesh, onion, garlic and oregano. You can add a little butter if it’s too dry. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- Fill the zucchini with the mashed potatoes; drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
- Bake for about 15 minutes (depends on how soft you like your zucchini, you can take them out after 10 if you want it crunchy, or 20 if you want it soft).
- Sprinkle fresh basil and grind black pepper on top of each zucchini before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment