Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My favorite salad

I'm already on tour, which means I'll probably won't get to cook for the next month and a half. So I was digging for old food photos and found a few. Sadly they're in even worse quality than usual and are running out fast, so I may be slower from now on.

I think this salad was my first 'invention' and I'm very proud of it.
Sadly I can barely make it anymore cause it's virtually impossible to get good avocados around here.


Avocado salad:

- 3 Avocados, diced.
- 3 Tomatoes, diced (as always, different kinds would make for a better, prettier salad).
- 1 Medium red onion, finely chopped.
- 1 Orange, filleted*.
- About 10 mint leaves, torn.

In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients, add some salt if needed.

*Peel the orange, including the white part. Fillet the orange above the bowl, not wasting any of the juice, when you're done filleting squeeze what's left of the orange on the avocados.

No comments:

Post a Comment