Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Alone in Neukolln


Yes, I'm still here.

Well, 'here' is constantly changing, but I'm still cooking, and now that I got a new camera I can even document it.

A lot has happened since I've written last, too much for one post I think (and of course I don't want to waste all my stories in one time), in short, I left Italy after three months of farming, in a somewhat sour note, I realized I've learned a lot more without really noticing it, aspent a month in Israel, and am now back in Berlin. As usual, I had many worries before getting here, moving around all the time is taking its toll, Israel was nice but not at all simple, I realized, for the 5th time, that I can't be on permanent vacation, and although I only have a month in each place (or less) I should do something with myself (I said that already, I know, but this time there's a happy ending).

So my last action in Israel was to get Ritalin. I'm usually against chemicals, and never take pills, but I decided i have to try something, and yesterday, I sat for 7 hours straight, and finished writing the script I've been 'working' on for the last 4 years. I'm just about to read it, and see if it's any good, but before that, I want to share my latest creation.

This is a bizarre salad, that after thinking a lot about it I realized the only thing in common is that it consists of the three most annoying fruit and vegetables to deal with (apart from artichoke). It has three ingredients, nothing more, no sauce, no salt no nothing, I think its probably the opposite of slow food, considering its ingredients come from three completely different parts of the world, and in different seasons, but nevermind that, make it, you'll love it. I promise.

1 pineapple, diced small.
Seeds from one pomegranate.
2-3 Fennel, quartered and sliced into paper thin boomerangs.

That's is.

2 comments:

  1. Looks amazing and I bet it tastes fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are doing well. Share more creations if you have any. Looking forward.

    ReplyDelete